Tuesday 9 December 2014

Day 96...

MONDAY 08.12.14 - I am thankful for... Birds chirping in the morning


Ahhh Monday mornings. That time of the week where you have to force yourself to get out of bed to start the working week, no sleeping in. What a drag. There are a few trees out the back of my apartment block in the neighbouring yard and they attract quite a few birds. There is also a lot of tree matter that gets stuck in the roof gutters, also attracting them. This morning I woke to two miner birds sitting on my balcony railing, chirping away as if in deep conversation. It was such a lovely and natural thing to listen to. Then I noticed a rainbow lorikeet eating out of the gutter. I almost felt like I wasn't in the suburbs, if I closed my eyes and just listened. It was definitely a soothing way to start my day. So I am thankful for the birds who come to greet me in the mornings, to give me a reason to get out of bed on a Monday morning ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment