Saturday 27 December 2014

Day 111...

TUESDAY 23/12/14 - I am thankful for... The Ballet

 
Oooh the ballet! I love everything about it. The music, the dancing, the costumes, the sets, the stories. I find it absolutely magical to watch. I guess coming from a dancing background it's a little inevitable and predictable. Tonight I went with my besties to see the Nutcracker. We had a drink and nibbles, caught up with each other before the show. It was spectacular! Exquisite! Breathtaking! I have seen it before, many years ago, but this particular ballet just makes it feel like Christmas! The way the dancers just glide and leap across the stage is awe inspiring. The strength and finesse is just something else. Can you tell I love it? Interestingly enough, when I used to dance, ballet was probably my least favourite style to dance myself (tap being my most desired) but even then I still enjoyed it and can completely appreciate the complexity and beauty of ballet. Ballet has been entertaining people for many, many years, and I am thankful that it will continue to do so for many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment