Saturday 27 December 2014

Day 110... So much to be thankful for!

MONDAY 22/12/14 - I am thankful for... Currumbin Rock Pools

 
Two good friends of mine, who I hadn't seen in AGES, decided the three of us should hang out and one of them had the suggestion we could spend the afternoon at Currumbin Rock Pools. I can't remember the last time I had been so I said 'sure, why not!'. After hitting up the shops for a picnic lunch (by the way, produce is definitely cheaper here than in Sydney!) we road tripped out to the rock pools. Wow!!! They were absolutely picturesque! We sat in the shade of a tree and ate lunch, followed by a swim in the crisp but inviting water, then laid upon the rocks basking in the sun, talking whilst looking up to the sky through the trees. I can safely say I was purely and utterly relaxed and felt like I was truly on holidays. It was perfect! Beautiful weather, amazing company in a place encompassing natural beauty. I could not have asked for a better way to spend a day. It's true, the best things in life are truly free. And for me? There's nothing like a little nature to recharge, so I'm thankful for places like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment