Tuesday 2 December 2014

Day 88...

SUNDAY 30.11.14 - I am thankful for... Fruit



This afternoon was my friend's bridal shower and I was asked to make fruit kebabs and bring tropical fruit juice. Yum! I was able to get some grapes, bananas, mandarins and enormous strawberries. Alas, no watermelon though. Once I had sliced them all up into kebab friendly pieces, I noticed how wonderful the colours looked together. Bright and vibrant, sweet and juicy, reminding me of summer (which starts tomorrow! Yay!). How amazing is it that fruit, which is so good for you, can look so inviting in it's natural state? And they tasted delicious, even if I do say so myself. I am quite health conscious, as I'm sure I have mentioned numerous times before, but probably don't eat quite as much fruit as I could. I'm hoping to change that, this activity was a good reminder. So I am thankful for fruit, for healthy, nutritional and delicious food that is readily available to us. It just added to a wonderful afternoon with some fabulous gals :) Next on my fruit agenda... Mangoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment