Tuesday 21 April 2015

Day 222...

MONDAY 13.4.15 - I am thankful for... Shoes that support your feet properly.



*Picture from www.centreworks.com

I have started to notice lately that my feet have been particularly sore by the end on the day. So much so that when I went to the gym this afternoon I found that I could not do much at all , even though my runners are fairly new and very supportive. I looked at the soles of my work shoes and found they were the culprit. The soles were completely worn out, unevenly, and all the cushioning on the inside was basically gone. Discussing this with my colleagues one of them said, "you know out of all the shoes I own my work shoes are the ones I walk around in most and are usually the fastest to wear out". It's true, we are on our feet most of the day at work - a good thing and a positive to our working environment. I usually only have 1 pair of work shoes at a time, maybe 2 at most. I also tend to wear out shoes quite quickly which was a problem growing up, just ask my mother! In my line of work it's important to have really comfortable, supportive shoes to walk around in all day not only for my feet, but for my hips and back too which tend to be sensitive to slight changes in posture. I will need to get new shoes this week sometime, good thing it's pay week! This makes me thankful that I am able to have shoes that are supportive and good for my feet and appreciate the fact I can get some new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment