Wednesday 8 April 2015

Day 211...

THURSDAY 2.4.15 - I am thankful for... Marian Keyes books



Marian Keyes would have to be one of my favourite authors. I have my best friend, Dani, to thank for introducing her books to me. If your unfamiliar with her work, she is an Irish novelist whose stories involve battling social issues, such as drugs, alcohol, mental illness, domestic violence and so on. Though she has written a few nonfiction books, most of her characters are fictional but her style of writing will make you empathise with each of them as they go through very real and personal struggles. However, the stories are also quite comedic, which will have you laughing one minute and crying the next. Wikipedia states that "She is regarded as a pioneer of the 'chick-lit' genre; her stories usually revolve around a strong female character who overcomes numerous obstacles to achieve lasting happiness." I would definitely agree with that! As someone who considers herself and independent woman, I find her stories easy to relate to. One that I am reading at the moment is The Mystery of Mercy Close, and am enjoying it as much as the rest. I am thankful that I am able to enjoy Keyes books and hope she continues to write more books!

No comments:

Post a Comment