Thursday 25 June 2015

Day 290...

SATURDAY 20.6.15 - I am thankful for... Patience


*Picture from www.thetwocities.com

Argh! There are some days when everything just seems to work against you! I really wanted to go to my Saturday Zumba class as it will be the last one for a while. It was a doomed trip from the start, the trains were not running through the city, the buses from Central through the city were not frequent enough so I decided to walk the rest of the way. However, due to the train arriving late and the 45min walk ahead of me I didn't make it. I was really, really annoyed and quite impatient the whole time. Looking back I feel rather silly, it was no-ones fault and just a series of unfortunate circumstances. And it's only a zumba class, not really incredibly important. Though I did not exhibit it today I am thankful for patience. It really is a virtue and often means the difference between coping with a situation and letting it get out of control. In those times we really need to calm ourselves down, remind ourselves there's nothing we can do about it and be patient. Whether it's lining up in a long queue, a traffic jam or waiting for transport, patience can really change your view on things. I will try and remember that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment