Thursday 4 June 2015

Day 266...

WEDNESDAY 27.05.15 - I am thankful for... State of Origin!


It's that time of year again! When our best Rugby league players from Queensland (QLD) and New South Wales (NSW) come together for the biggest national clash of the NRL calendar to see who can win the best of 3 matches. Obviously being born in QLD I barrack for them, known as the Maroons or Canetoads, however I live in NSW so am always surrounded by Blues or Cockroaches. Tonight our church hosted an origin night with the wonderful organisers putting on a delicious dinner and games for before the match and during half time. It was a lot of fun, even if I was one of a very few people wearing a Maroons jeresy. In the end QLD won this game so I got the last laugh! It is always in good fun with a bit of friendly rivalry, though unfortunately some people take it too far and you always here about a fight or two between rival supporters, which is a shame because it really detracts from the event. I am thankful that church held a State Of Origin night for us all to enjoy and we all still remain friends after the event.

QUEENLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment