Monday 1 June 2015

Day 261...

FRIDAY 22.05.15 - I am thankful for... Going home


*Picture from www.health.havard.edu

Today has gone PAINFULLY slow. I was told yesterday by my doctors I was probably well enough to go home. They saw me again this morning and gave me the all clear, but it took another several hours to get my doctors certificate for work, my discharge report and medications from pharmacy. I wasn't allowed to leave until 5:30pm! I was practically climbing up the walls I was so eager to leave. I felt great and was bored by this time, having watched as much daytime TV as anyone should, and just being generally uncomfortable in the bed and not being able to be mobile and exercise. I did try to remain patient and not bother the nurses with "how much longer" type questions, but did ask twice as nicely as I could. Finally when my meds arrived I was allowed to go home. It was such a wonderful feeling to be back in my own place, with my own bathroom and my own bed. I am thankful today that I am well enough to be allowed home, and think of those people who aren't so fortunate, spending much more time in hospital than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment