Wednesday 2 September 2015

Day 364...

WEDNESDAY 2.9.15 - I am thankful for... Seeing people make healthy life choices


*Picture from http://282814.net/making-healthy-lifestyle-choices/

Some of my favourite stories from work are from people turning their lives around for the better. Today I had the pleasure of seeing two of those. I had two patients do an exercise test this afternoon. Two different men, one older and one younger. Both had heart health scares in recent years and both made choices to change their lifestyle. The older gentleman lost some weight and started walking everyday. The younger, deciding that his wife and young children were better if he stuck around quit smoking, changed his eating habits and lost a significant amount of weight. Both passed their tests with flying colours. Unfortunately there are people who do have health scares and despite the doctors advice they chose not to change. It's almost always to their detriment because their health only gets worse. But today was not one of those days. These patients have made some great choices and they are all the better for them. I am so thankful I am able to see people who make healthy life choices in my workplace. They are always so inspiring.

1 comment:

  1. I seem to recall that this applies to you also of late don't you think. I am grateful you found the right person for the job. XOX.

    ReplyDelete