Tuesday 1 September 2015

Day 358...

THURSDAY 27.8.15 - I am thankful for... My siblings



*Stole these pictures from my sisters Facebook page. They are a few years old now but last time they were all together that we have photos of!

Early on I did a post on my sister. To be technically correct she is my full blood sister; both of our parents are the same. I also have a step sister and brother (from my step-mother's first marriage) and a half brother - my Dad's son. There are 9 years between the 5 of us which really isn't too many at all. Growing up my sister and I lived with our mum while the other 3 lived with dad, so we weren't always together. However, we formed very close relationships, to the point that I don't use the terms 'step' or 'half' when I talk about them at all. They are my brothers and sisters. Our parents are not even together any more but we still are family, as far as I'm concerned. I had the pleasure of seeing my step sister and spending the week with her when I was in London. It had been a while so I enjoyed every minute of it. My half brother just last year moved to Brisbane with my dad and his partner so we've been able to see more of him. My step brother is in the army and always travelling here and there, so I have not been able to see much of him but we all still talk regularly enough. We used to have the greatest time together when we were kids, we all got on so well. And, probably selfishly, they used to look up to me and think the world of me, as I was the eldest. Being the eldest I've had the pleasure of watching all 4 of them, my sister included, grow into wonderful adults with so much to be proud of in their young lives. I am so very thankful for my brothers and sisters. I love them all so very much and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment