Tuesday 1 September 2015

Day 355...

MONDAY 24.8.15 - I am thankful for... Interesting encounters


*Picture from www.depressionexists.com

Currently we are understaffed at work. One person has left, one is on holidays so there are 2 of us holding down the fort so to speak. Needless to say today was extraordinarily busy. I went to do a test on an elderly patient and we started chatting. She was your typical little old lady, with a warm smile and a gentle voice. Suddenly she became very stern, and with a deep and authoritative voice she asked "do you know Jesus?". I did have to refrain from giggling because the look on her little old face was priceless, even more so when I replied with "well actually yes I do". If she had been younger and not so frail I might have been a little intimidated. I believe she might have had a whole spiel ready as to why I should know Jesus but didn't have to use it. She then lightened up again and we had a chat about our different churches before I left her and went about my day. I admire people like that who aren't afraid to ask people if they believe or not, who aren't afraid to share who they are. Regardless of that I'm glad I just got to chat to her. Hospital can be a lonely place for someone, especially if they are here for long periods of time. I'm thankful for this funny encounter I had today. She put a smile on my face and I hope I did the same for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment