Tuesday 30 September 2014

Day 27...

DAY 27 - I am thankful for... Afternoon walks


It's getting to that time of the year when there's enough sunlight after work to exercise outside in the afternoon. Today was definitely one of those days! We are in the middle of unseasonably warm Sydney weather and I intend to make the most of it! I do go to the gym at work, which is great, especially in the winter, but there's just something so much more invigorating exercising outside. For me I think it's the constant change of scenery rather than staring at the wall. I love just grabbing my ipod and going wherever I feel like around my neighbourhood. I use this time to just try not to think about anything in particular, most importantly the stressful stuff. It's like mediating through exercise, if you understand what I'm saying. And even if Im tired, I find even going for a short walk makes me feel so much better than before. We as humans were designed for daily activity, not to be sedentary day in and day out. Its how you stay young! So I encourage you whether you are young or old, fit or unfit, get outside and go for a walk. You might surprise yourself and actually like it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment