Monday 22 September 2014

Day 19...

DAY 19 - I am thankful for... My New Chiropractor



Sorry!!! (I apologise for the poor picture quality! After today's day it was the best I could do :p)

This morning I awoke to great pain and spasm in my back. I have seen it coming for weeks, done all the stretching and heat packing and deep heating one can do but it didn't change the fact... my back was out. I have suffered with musculoskeletal issues since my teens, as I'm sure a lot of you have at one point or another. I haven't been to see a Chiropractor since I move to Sydney (I always opt for remedial massage first) but today I knew I had to get on top of it. After a while you start to differentiate between pain caused by muscles and pain cause by skeletal alignment. So I googled a few places, found one that sounded good and got into after work. I was met by an extremely happy, bubbly gentlemen who took his time to assess me properly, explained what was going on and what he was going to do, with a dad joke or two thrown into the conversation. It starts with a bit of deep tissue release (yep it can be as painful as it sounds) followed by an adjustment. That "pop" you get when your bones go back into place is an immediate relief and you notice the difference straight away, its like an "ahhhhh" moment. I do realise there is some contention as to whether Chiropractic adjustment works or whether its just "hocus pocus" medicine. But I know many people who suffer spinal issues and it work wonders for them. So if something works and its safe, then why not? I'd much rather spend a bit of money on something that works and will last a little while than have to take pain medication for long periods of time. So don't knock it until you try it!


No comments:

Post a Comment