Wednesday 24 September 2014

Day 21...

DAY 21 - I am thankful for... Parcel Lockers


Today wasn't particularly remarkable. I went to work, work was pretty good, nothing too crazy or unmanageable. Chiropractor appointment went well. Just chilled out at home tonight. This afternoon though I received a text from Auspost to say I had a parcel waiting for me at my designated parcel locker! For those of you who haven't heard of it before, its exactly what it sound like, a locker where Australia Post puts your parcel and you can go and pick it up, at your convenience, within 48hrs of delivery. Its easy to use, you sign up online and they give you an address of your nearest parcel locker, then you receive a text when your parcel arrives with a code to activate and unlock your locker. Its easy, convenient, available 24/7 and free. Like having a public PO Box without the fees. Its great for me because my post office is only open the hours I work, so its near impossible to get there if I need to. I know this isn't (again) a very deep and meaningful thing to be thankful for, and I could most definitely live without it. But its important to be thankful for all aspects of your life, including the small stuff. I'm thankful I live in a country where I have this luxury and convenience at my fingertips. No matter how much people might complain about things like this, we are truly blessed to have this kind of service. So thanks Auspost for this new and innovative way of delivering parcels. Its a great idea and works really well!

No comments:

Post a Comment