Sunday 15 February 2015

Day 158...

SUNDAY 08.02.15 - I am thankful for... Grocery shopping



*Picture from www.clevercoupons.com.au

Call me crazy, but I really enjoy grocery shopping. I don't find it stressful at all, even when the shops are absolutely packed. I enjoy going up and down the aisles, trying to sort out what I will eat for the week. I try and use it as time to myself, to not think about anything else. I go at a time where I don't have to rush it and take all the time I want or need. I realise I only shop for myself, and this may change once I have children and need to do shopping for a whole family, but for now I will just continue to enjoy it. I've also decided I need to be more conscious of how much food I buy and how much I will need for the week, so as not to waste anything which unfortunately happens from time to time whether I mean to or not. Therefore I am thankful for grocery shopping, for the time to myself and the reminder that I have the means to eat food. Simple as it may seem, many people around this world just don't have the ability to purchase or retrieve food due to circumstances like poverty. I will never take the ability to go grocery shopping for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment