Thursday 26 February 2015

Day 168...

WEDNESDAY 18.02.15 - I am thankful for... Lent



*Picture from www.calendaronpics.com

Today is Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. It is the preparation before Easter where we traditionally fast, repent and observe spiritual discipline. Every denomination does things differently. Within our church there is no rule saying we have to 'give up' something for lent, but a lot of us tend to anyway. It's a great exercise in discipline and knowing that there is something much more important that the things we give up. I have chosen to give up coffee, chocolate and soft drinks. Probably the things I consume most that I can definitely live without (chocolate will be hardest though!). I'm not sure how difficult it will be, will have to wait and see. I am thankful for the opportunity to show myself that I am a lot stronger than I think, but not letting myself give in to cravings I might have. So wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment