Wednesday 18 February 2015

Day 164...

SATURDAY 14.02.15 - I am thankful for... Love


*Picture from www.funmozar.com

Ahhhh. Valentine's Day. The international day of love. Whilst I realise the purpose is to celebrate with your partner or spouse, I like to extend the message of love to my closest friends and family. Obviously, we should show people we love them more than one day a year, but it's a good reminder to make sure those around you really know how much they mean to you. I'm not saying do this through cards and chocolates and flowers etc... because really it's what my friends and I call a "Hallmark Holiday" - made for card, flower and chocolate businesses to make heaps of money. I even told my boyfriend not to bother with that stuff! I myself am at home all day today on call for work whilst my boyfriend is at his soccer registration day all day. But we plan to spend the day together tomorrow :) I also sent a message to a few people telling them how much I love them and how special they are. That's all you need really, a gesture to make someone feel valued. I am thankful that love exists. It's not just about feeling something for someone, but what you do for them. It's such a powerful thing, the strongest of bonds that exists. I hope and pray you all feel loved today.

Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment