Tuesday 12 May 2015

Day 243...

MONDAY 04.05.15 - I am thankful for... The people who collect our garbage


*Picture from www.news.com.au

Monday morning is our garbage day. We have about 10 garbage bins and 8 recycle bins for our apartment complex which are emptied each week, then a few men come and wash out the bins for us. I awoke this morning to the sound of the garbage truck, panicked for a moment as I thought I hadn't taken out the last bin of rubbish but then was relieved when I remembered I had. Being a garbage truck driver or garbage collector (I'm sorry I don't know the official job titles of each) probably has this stigma of being an awful job. You have to get up really early - especially in winter - and deal with everyone's stinky rubbish. I am very thankful that we have people to do this job for us, it's really quite important to all of our neighbourhoods. If you've ever been around when your garbage collectors go on strike, you know how annoying it is to deal with mounting piles of rubbish. So I chose to be thankful for these people and definitely not take them for granted. If you are one of those people reading this, know you are truly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment