Sunday 5 July 2015

Day 297...

SATURDAY 27.6.15 - I am thankful for... Exploring Dublin!


I'm here! Landed at midday Ireland time, went straight to my hotel room to dump my bags then straight out again to begin exploring. The weather wasn't too bad, a little drizzly but not too cold at all. I love being in a brand new place and just walking around, taking it all in. The first thing I saw was the Pride parade, probably of great importance seeing as Ireland recently voted yes for marriage equality. Then I walked up and down the main roads, got my Dublin pass ready to do some sights tomorrow, then back to the hotel for some much needed rest. Travelling 24hrs by plane will do that too you! Then tonight I set out again to do a ghost bus tour of Dublin. As I arrived at the pick up place I heard my name called... it was the mother and sister of my friend who is getting married on Friday! Of all the things to do here what are the chances of meeting up with people I know in a foreign country unplanned! So we enjoyed the very theatrical tour together. Today I'm incredibly grateful just to be here and am looking forward to going around and seeing the main sights of Dublin. So much to do in so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment